Win an ALX Rods IKOS Series Rod of Choice
ALX Rods IKOS Series Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
These Rules exempt Hydra Fishing, LLC (“Hydra”) and other persons from liability or limit their liability, specify the jurisdiction for the resolution of disputes, and contain other important provisions. Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and to Hydra’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules.
The “ALX Rods IKOS Series Giveaway” (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, who are 14 or older. Age requirements are calculated at time of entry. If a minor is selected as a winner, the minor must obtain parental consent before being awarded any prize. Employees of Hydra or any prize provider, their respective parent and affiliate companies, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Winning is contingent upon compliance with these Rules, including rules regarding eligibility.
- Duration: The giveaway begins when Hydra announces the contest on social media on December 11, 2017, and lasts through 5:00 PM EST the evening of December 14, 2017.
All eligible contestants to follow all contest rules and post a photo to Instagram using the #bassfishing and #ALXRODSIKOS hashtags (both required) by the deadline will be entered into a drawing for an ALX Rods IKOS Series fishing rod.
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter, follow the ALX Rods Instagram page, like the “IKOS Series Giveaway” post on the ALX Rods Instagram page, and share the post on your social media using the hashtags #bassfishing and #ALXRODSIKOS. Entries must be submitted via social media by 4:59 PM EST the evening December 14, 2017. Profiles and posts must be public for entries to be seen by and validated by Hydra. The profile used must be the submitter’s primary Instagram profile.
- Selection of Potential Winners:
Hydra will randomly select a winner of the IKOS Series fishing rod from the names of all eligible contestants. If there are no eligible entries, there will be no winners. Random winner selection will occur at Hydra’s business address. The winner may determine the model of rod, limited by standard model.
- Notification and Verification of Potential Winners:
Winner will be notified by private message or comment on the social media platform on which they entered. If a potential winner of the prize does not acknowledge the notification within ten calendar days of Hydra’s notification, the potential winner forfeits that prize. If a potential winner of the prize is disqualified or forfeits a prize for any reason, Hydra will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the method described above.
- Winners May Be Subject to Verification, Affidavit, Waiver of Rights, Release, and Parental Consent:
Each potential winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility, waiver of rights and release provided by Hydra before receiving a prize. If a minor residing in the U.S. is selected as a winner, the minor must obtain parental consent before being awarded any prize. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more who are U.S. residents at the time of entry or at the time the prize is awarded or collected will be required to provide their Social Security Number as a condition of prize award and will be issued an IRS form 1099 representing the total value of the prize.
An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the Promotion should so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the Rules have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
Hydra will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its own validation process. Any entry that occurs after Hydra’s computer system has been compromised or failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry, is void and will not be honored.
- Prizes and Odds of Winning: Prizes and approximate retail value (“ARV”) are:
Grand Prize: ALX Rods IKOS Series fishing rod of choice – (ARV $154.99)
Total ARV: $154.99.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable. Hydra reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. No other substitutions will be made. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Any cost not specifically stated as included in a Promotion prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Release:By entering the Promotion, you release and hold harmless Hydra, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, any prize provider, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising agencies, each of their respective parent companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to personal injury, or damage to or loss of property or technology, arising out of participation in the Promotion.
- Limitations of Liability:The Released Parties expressly disclaim responsibility for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Hydra, entrants, printing errors, website errors, or errors in equipment or programming used in association with the execution of the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections of websites, internet access, or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error, which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Promotion. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole and exclusive remedy is another entry in a future regularly planned Promotion. If it is impossible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Hydra, at its discretion, may hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HYDRA, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICES PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OF A PRIZE.
- INDEMNIFICATION: By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands, loss, injury, damage or liability whatsoever which may arise or occur in connection with or as a result of (a) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize; (b) the administration of the Promotion; or © participation in the Promotion or any related activity.
- General Conditions:Hydra reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, including without limitation if any fraud, technical failure or any other factor beyond Hydra’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Hydra in its sole discretion. In such event, Hydra reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Hydra reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law. If such an attempt is made, Hydra may seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Hydra’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disputes:The rights and liabilities of the parties arising out of or relating to this agreement or the Promotion will be governed by the laws of the state of South Carolina, and any dispute arising out of or relating to this agreement or the Promotion will be submitted to binding arbitration in Aiken, South Carolina, pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in any arbitration or litigation shall be entitled to recover all reasonable expenses thereof, including attorneys’ fees in connection with such proceedings or any appeal thereof.
Entrants agree that Hydra may share their personal information to any prize provider or any party who may be providing specific services related to the Promotion or the delivery of any prize. Their use of personal information is restricted to the services that will be carried out for Hydra and to no other purpose than what is necessary to fulfill their obligations.
In addition, for eligible residents of the United States at the time of entry and/or at the time of prize selection and collection at the sole discretion of Hydra: By entering the Promotion, you agree to receive email newsletters, updates, and/or other promotional communications periodically from Hydra. Entrants can opt-out of receiving communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email newsletter.
- Publicity:By accepting a prize, you authorize Hydra to publicly identify you as a winner. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to Hydra’s and its agents’ use and publication of the winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, photograph, voice, opinions and hometown and state/province/territory in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, including without limitation for advertisements, promotional materials, publications, websites, and any other media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity without further consideration or review by the winner.
- Intellectual Property: All intellectual property used by Hydra in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Promotion, including, without limitation, all trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by Hydra and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Hydra Fishing, LLC
105 Contract Dr Suite 100
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
December 11, 2017.