Still tearing up northern Michigan smallmouth with my deputy. I’ve had it going on I think about 4 maybe 5 years. By far the best rod you will ever buy!!
The ZOLO Deputy is a great all purpose rod. The Deputy is perfect for single hook moving baits and also bottom contact baits.
The Deputy is an outstanding versatile rod. I always take it with me when I'm in the back of someone else's boat because it can do so many things well. It's very light, sensitive, well-balanced and powerful. It's a winner, just like all of my other ALX rods.
What a great rod, awesome sensitivity it seems to be lighter at the tip than my other MH rods but still has plenty of backbone for hook set. I'm looking forward to buying a couple more ALX rods. Also I'm big into U.S. made products and these guys do pretty good on that.
A Big "Thank You! to all at ALX Rods for all the fine work and craftmanship that you put into your rods. The Deputy is by far one of many versatile rods in my arsenal of ALX Rods that I own. If you don't own a Deputy, Just pull the trigger and never look back on this one. "You'll be glad you did!"
The ALX Rods ZOLO Series Bass Fishing Rods are designed for the tournament angler and offer the widest variety of models to address specific techniques. The innovative design improves vibration transmission and overall smoothness which results in responsive, durable performance. All of this adds up to a rod that is light in hand, gives you an edge on feeling bites, and loads right to increase your landing percentage.
- NG carbon Hydra blanks featuring 125 gsm scrimless carbon fiber
- Precision-rolled with over 100ft/lbs of intense pressure
Fitted with 100% braid-safe Z Series Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Trimmed reel seats to eliminate contact with threading and weight reduction
- Backed by a 3 year warranty and our SureSet Replacement Program
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South CarolinaSee All ZOLO Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.