I bought the Zolo Deputy this summer and paired it with a Lew's BB1 Pro. The distance and accuracy is the best I have experienced with a casting set up. I mostly use this for swim jigs with a tail and chatterbaits.
I bought this rod for my annual Canada fishing and it did not disappoint. I paired it with a Shimano Curado and 20 lb braid.. This combo was deadly on walleye, Pike and Muskie. Super sensitive tip and plenty of back bone.
In the future, I would purchase a Pike rod that was 2” longer, 2” more butt and a bit stiffer. The Deputy was a great addition to my rods and will be my go to.
I’ve used A LOT of rods in my 30 years of fishing and this by far is the best rod I’ve used for slinging soft plastic worms to creature baits Texas rigged. I would recommend to anyone.
The ALX Rods ZOLO Series Bass Fishing Rods are designed for the tournament angler and offer the widest variety of models to address specific techniques. The innovative design improves vibration transmission and overall smoothness which results in responsive, durable performance. All of this adds up to a rod that is light in hand, gives you an edge on feeling bites, and loads right to increase your landing percentage.
- NG carbon Hydra blanks featuring 125 gsm scrimless carbon fiber
- Precision-rolled with over 100ft/lbs of intense pressure
Fitted with 100% braid-safe Z Series Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Trimmed reel seats to eliminate contact with threading and weight reduction
- Backed by a 3 year warranty and our SureSet Replacement Program
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South CarolinaSee All ZOLO Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.