This rod is just what it's made for (Jerkbaits) And it shows and feels like a jerkbait rod should do, And that's to work the lure with life like motion with control and sensitivity. It fits its name perfectly.. Keep up the good work to all at ALX Rods.
I had been using an inferior generic medium/fast action rod for jerkbaiting before making this purchase. I was using a 7' rod before and even at 6'3" I felt that this was not the way to go with a jerkbait. The few inches saved on this rod is going to make the experience of jerkbaiting much better. The rod is light, balanced well and seems to have the right tip so only time will tell but the rod looks great and feels great. Going to pair it up with the Tatula SV103 Limited. Should be a sick setup. Can't wait to put it to use this weekend.
Great rod, short butt section makes it great for a kayak rod. I mainly fish rivers for smallies and this rod is perfect for ploppers, walkers, poppers, and of course jerks. Solid design and the eva locking nut is a really nice touch.
The ALX Rods ZOLO Series Bass Fishing Rods are designed for the tournament angler and offer the widest variety of models to address specific techniques. The innovative design improves vibration transmission and overall smoothness which results in responsive, durable performance. All of this adds up to a rod that is light in hand, gives you an edge on feeling bites, and loads right to increase your landing percentage.
- NG carbon Hydra blanks featuring 125 gsm scrimless carbon fiber
- Precision-rolled with over 100ft/lbs of intense pressure
Fitted with 100% braid-safe Z Series Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Trimmed reel seats to eliminate contact with threading and weight reduction
- Backed by a 3 year warranty and our SureSet Replacement Program
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South CarolinaSee All ZOLO Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.