This was my first alx rod that I purchased from Alex at a trade show. I told him that I wanted a rod that I could fish large creature baits on 3/8 oz and above weights. This rod has been my go to flipping rod since I bought it. I fish mostly river system so I needed something strong to horse those fish away from cover. This rod is incredibly strong and sensitive. I have been able to horse fish off cypress trees from under laydowns and had no problems. I have a pretty hard hook set and this rod withstands it day in day out. I have caught several fish over 5lbs with my hammer 7 since I bought it. This to me is the perfect close quarters flipping rod. If you are flipping cypress trees or docks or anything in a river system where your dealing with current and close quarters then this is the flipping rod for you.
Super sensitive quick to the backbone and for the price. Can’t beat it
This is my first alx rod. And oh boy I don’t think itl be my last. The hammer 7 truley lives up to its name. Very light weight strong backbone and very sensitive. It withstood all my hard hooksets I put it through today. I recommend this rod for any serious flip/pitch and worm fisherman like myself.
ALX Rods IKOS Series Bass Fishing Rods are built with an emphasis on delivering outstanding performance and maximum value for anglers. With features that exceed counterparts, the IKOS Series is easily a class leading rod. Carefully designed, crafted,and tested by ALX Rods’ in-house team, the ALX Rods IKOS Series Rods are serious tools built for cashing checks.
- OS carbon Hydra blanks featuring low resin content
- Precision-rolled under intense pressure
- Crisp, clean actions with jaw-dropping power and the kind of sensitivity that detects the tiniest nibbles
- Fitted with 100% braid-safe Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South Carolina
- Backed by a 1 year warrantySee All IKOS Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.