I bought this rod to replace a flipping rod of another brand. I was blown away with how easy the tip made pitching and flipping weights up to 1/2oz. I was able to lay baits into cover softly and even skip baits up under over hanging cover with ease. Then when I actually got my first bite, the sensitivity was definitely NOT lacking, even with a rod of this power. Even though the tip is soft, there is plenty of back bone to wench bass out of the cover with heavy line and a straight shank flipping hook. Don't hesitate to pick this rod up and start pitching and flipping!
The ALX Rods ZOLO Series Bass Fishing Rods are designed for the tournament angler and offer the widest variety of models to address specific techniques. The innovative design improves vibration transmission and overall smoothness which results in responsive, durable performance. All of this adds up to a rod that is light in hand, gives you an edge on feeling bites, and loads right to increase your landing percentage.
- NG carbon Hydra blanks featuring 125 gsm scrimless carbon fiber
- Precision-rolled with over 100ft/lbs of intense pressure
Fitted with 100% braid-safe Z Series Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Trimmed reel seats to eliminate contact with threading and weight reduction
- Backed by a 3 year warranty and our SureSet Replacement Program
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South CarolinaSee All ZOLO Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.