This is a great rod for flipping heavy matted vegetation, but it’s also great for throwing larger boot tail swimbaits! That my primary use for this rod, mostly for swimbaits like a 5” zoom swimmer or even the 4-5” boom boom swimbaits. The long rod with a moderate tip allows for it to load up and really launch a swimbait which helps when covering water! Great rod to check out if you live on a grassy fishery so you can flip when it’s matted and swimbait when it’s not.
I use this rod primarily for my 1/2oz and bigger swim-jigs and chatter baits. It can launch big cranks or jigs and still has the back bone to pull them out of the slop
ALX Rods IKOS Series Bass Fishing Rods are built with an emphasis on delivering outstanding performance and maximum value for anglers. With features that exceed counterparts, the IKOS Series is easily a class leading rod. Carefully designed, crafted,and tested by ALX Rods’ in-house team, the ALX Rods IKOS Series Rods are serious tools built for cashing checks.
- OS carbon Hydra blanks featuring low resin content
- Precision-rolled under intense pressure
- Crisp, clean actions with jaw-dropping power and the kind of sensitivity that detects the tiniest nibbles
- Fitted with 100% braid-safe Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South Carolina
- Backed by a 1 year warrantySee All IKOS Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.