If you want to skip a wacky rig on a bait caster accurately this is the rod .
The service of this company is outstanding. One day all my rods will be ALX
Jerkbaits? Check Topwater? Check Jika Rigged Tubes? Check... While I have not used this rod with soft plastic swimbaits, I am confident it will fish them gloriously, what I can say is, this rod is an amazing jerkbait rod and jika rigged tube rod and while the water is still too cold to raise a fish on topwater, I had to fish one for a bit just to see how it handled one and what an amazing job it did. I fish out of a Lund Pro Guide and the extra bow height allows for a slightly longer rod for fishing downward sweeping techniques as you would while fishing most jerkbaits or topwaters. The ALX ENOX series of rods are much nicer than any rods I have ever had in my hands, the attention to detail, fit & finish and the design of the rods are as good as you will find in any price range. If you chase Smallies, you need this rod.
Rod broke on first hook set on a 1 lb fish. Truly not happy with this product.
This will be the rod's that I purchase when replacing my other ones!!
ALX Rods ENOX Series are performance based, technique focused rods offering premium features with worldwide design inspiration. Each rod in the ENOX line has been designed to focus on a primary technique with secondary talents.
- Designed and handcrafted in our Aiken, SC facility
- Hydra OSH high modulus rod blanks featuring outstanding strength to weight ratios, low resin content, compound material design (CMD) with correct modulus placement and high pressure rolling – you’ll find these to be some of our most responsive rods
- The advanced Kigan ZDH/Z Series guide train with SiC inserts for optimum line control
- Gloss black, exposed blank reel seats
- Premium cork/EVA grips and styled EVA hood
- Aircraft grade aluminum trim for endurance
- Backed by a 10 year limited warranty and the ALX Rods SureSet Replacement PolicySee all ENOX Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.