Great rod for froggin, throwing a jig, and flipping. Do all in the same day w one rod. Love it!
I sold my other one to replace it and waited far to long. Great rod for jigs, and punching with big weights and worms.
I am a jig fisherman, plain and simple. If the fish are in shallow cover and the money is on the line, then more times than not, I'll be pitching a jig between 1/2 ounce and 1.5 ounces. That jig will ALWAYS be tied to an ALX Hammer 73. I have searched long and hard for the perfect rod for fishing a jig in shallow, heavy cover and the Hammer 73 is far and away the best one I have found in the 35 years that I have been fishing tournaments. There are VERY few TRUE jig rods on the market, but this one is the Real Deal!!
ALX Rods IKOS Series Bass Fishing Rods are built with an emphasis on delivering outstanding performance and maximum value for anglers. With features that exceed counterparts, the IKOS Series is easily a class leading rod. Carefully designed, crafted,and tested by ALX Rods’ in-house team, the ALX Rods IKOS Series Rods are serious tools built for cashing checks.
- OS carbon Hydra blanks featuring low resin content
- Precision-rolled under intense pressure
- Crisp, clean actions with jaw-dropping power and the kind of sensitivity that detects the tiniest nibbles
- Fitted with 100% braid-safe Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South Carolina
- Backed by a 1 year warrantySee All IKOS Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.