Rod is as advertised, great skipping tip action just the right length for vertically challenged folks like me. Don't hesitate if this length meets your requirements!
I live on a lake with at least 1200 boat houses. I fish docks and boat house all year long. I have several different skipping rods from other builders and to say that this rod is my only rod on my deck set up for skipping is an understatement. It’s the best for balance, feel and performance of any skipping rod I’ve ever put my hands on. If I break it tomorrow I’ll have another ordered by the end of the day.
While known for its “skipping” ability… I have found this rod to be excellent for casting Tubes to weed-edges, points and lay-downs for big Smallies. The flex in the tip allows me to cast down to a 1/8 oz tube/jig with 14# fluorocarbon line. It has ample backbone to drive the hook home in spite of the plastic body. Love this rod! Tom G…. Mich’s Upper Peninsula
The ALX Rods ZOLO Series Bass Fishing Rods are designed for the tournament angler and offer the widest variety of models to address specific techniques. The innovative design improves vibration transmission and overall smoothness which results in responsive, durable performance. All of this adds up to a rod that is light in hand, gives you an edge on feeling bites, and loads right to increase your landing percentage.
- NG carbon Hydra blanks featuring 125 gsm scrimless carbon fiber
- Precision-rolled with over 100ft/lbs of intense pressure
Fitted with 100% braid-safe Z Series Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Trimmed reel seats to eliminate contact with threading and weight reduction
- Backed by a 3 year warranty and our SureSet Replacement Program
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South CarolinaSee All ZOLO Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.