Finally got a chance to use a few of my ALX rods today, and all I can say is WOW! I used this Oxim throwing football jigs all day ranging fro 3/8oz-3/4oz and this rod performed flawlessly. Also threw a swim jig on this and worked pretty good as well. Would highly recommend this rod to anyone who likes dragging a jig.
I love this company and this rod, I’m in the process of switching to all alx rods, this is my fifth.The rating on the rod is off (doesn’t bother me) it’s rated to 1 1/4 ounce not 1 1/8th. Great rod
ALX Rods OXIM Series bass fishing rods feature a mix of multi-purpose and technique-specific models. The advanced OXIM rod blank is US-built using 140gsm carbon fiber / 33% resin content material that gives you outstanding responsiveness. The built-in Toughskin gloss finish increases durability, and the Urban Camo EVA grips mimic the density of cork while adding long life with an aggressive style.
- XM Hydra blanks featuring 140 gsm carbon fiber with 33% resin content
- Toughskin gloss finish for durability
- Fitted with 100% braid-safe Z Series Kigan guides
- MidMicro Guide Train System reduces weight, increases line control and passes leader knots and thick lines
- Trimmed reel seats to eliminate contact with threading and weight reduction
- Backed by a 2-year warranty and our SureSet Replacement Program
- Handcrafted at the ALX Rods factory in Aiken, South Carolina, USAView All OXIM Series Rods
Looking for something specific or just have a general question? Fill out the form and we'll answer any questions you have and help you choose the right rod.